View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 02:47 AM   #15
ItsNotABlazer
The full convertible guy

Re: dad bought it new....

Man time flies doesnt it? 2004 makes me seem like a bit of a slacker haha. I have thought about keeping the patina and probably will for a while anyway....get it rolling and dependable first off. I am about to "thin the herd" some so I can get these projects on the road....64 el camino may be gone in a week, 72 trazer is being traded to a neighbor tomorrow

The one in the background belonged to my uncle as well. He had several long bed stepsides as well as a flat/tilt bed with a 305 v6 but not sure where they ended up. As i get thru the parts swapping i will have a few odds and ends to sell from a 66 short fleet i bought. It is a big back window but someone cut the corners out for speakers I prefer the small window myself....lets less of that Texas sun in

I am hoping to get the frame blasted and sprayed in the next few weeks....may look into powder coating it instead. My goal is to have a decent rolling chassis by end of summer and start installing the body with new mounts and decide which way to go on the engine. Thought i had a good lead on a decent 283 but guy decided to keep it for now. May keep the original inline and have it rebuilt
1975 GMC Jimmy 2WD lowered 4/6
1972 Chevy Trazer soon to be roadster
1965 Mustang 289/3 speed (friends dad bought it new)
1964 Chevy C10 (dad bought it new)
ItsNotABlazer is offline   Reply With Quote