View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 12:59 AM   #12
jocko

Re: got tired of kneeing my steering wheel when I shift (clutch and brake pedal lower

Deuceman, that would work, you'd need two nuts to lock it at the correct depth - but the drawback is that the hood bumper bolts are usually much smaller than a 3/8" bolt, so you'd need some pretty big washers to keep it from flopping around. Could work - but I chose 3/8" bolts just so that it would fill the vertical dimension of the normal rectangular slot where the rubber bumper goes normally. That leaves you with just side to side adjustment to align it with the clutch or brake pedal perfectly.

So, yes, those would work, and it's a great idea, but if you can find some that have a pretty big diameter bolt, it will make for a more secure mounting just because it will fill the hole you're placing it through (not because you need a "strong" bolt - it's just the size of the rectangular hole you have to work with). Hope that helps. Good idea! I think it'll work fine if you have a large enough dia bolt - 3/8" is ideal, but most are probably a bit smaller.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote