View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #4
1project2many

Re: 55-59 Original front sway bar pics / parts?

Quote:
Dont know width of the spring pad placement on 55-59 since I am running Mustang II, but here is one on a 60 ford he used a sway bar from a 67-72 ford. They are available from summit racing this just a thought, maybe go to a wrecking yard and measure one. Don't attack me folks because it is a ford just an idea!
That's not a bad idea and it's a fairly clean install. I've had a bar on there from an '80s K10 truck for years but the RH attaching point is under the frame. The roads weren't so rough where I used to live. Lately I've gotten tired of the bar hitting the frame on large bumps. I'm really hoping to find or duplicate the factory bar for the front but I have rear bars from a Nissan Pathfinder and a Ford 9" truck axle which are both candidates for a rear bar.

Quote:
On the original the shock mount is also the sway bar mount.
Thank you! I'd found that third picture and I have some drawings of the shock mount in the factory assembly manual but it's the middle picture above that really fills in what's missing. It's not impossible for a skilled home fabricator to duplicate. The bracket looks like it's about 7/16" to 1/2" thick so there's going to be torches involved.

Last edited by 1project2many; 03-29-2012 at 06:45 AM.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote