View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #182
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop

After seeing this gem of a truck in person, I think a polished wheel will fit it best. The black paint is coming out very nicely. And the trim has enough of a sheen to fit a polished wheel but not chrome) I think the polished coys would be perfect as we discussed since I mentioned the finish isn't very bright compared to polished billet....so the polish of the rims would fit the polish of the trim and it would look like the wheels fit the overall look of the truck....

If you're going with the lighter woodgrain I don't think a gray color wheel will look as good and might clash with the sandalwood color on the interior. Not that you see a lot of the interior when looking at the truck....

One other option is the wheel gringoloco used on his truck...it has the annoying brand name into one of the spokes but he took care of that and you and your dad could too...then they could be painted any color tone you wanted......

But my humble opinion is a polished coy would be a reasonably priced wheel and really fit the look of the truck!