View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Re: 1972 Highlander -The making of a daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Before you go further, a tip- Get some foam camper tape. 1/4" x 11/4W. Seal off the gaps around those speakers, then seal the mount to the dash with it. Lots more output. Hope it goes well, and take lotsa pics! I'm gonna do something similar to Boppa's Truck. Good Luck!
Thanks for the tip, LE. I cut out a section of fatmat to cover the back of the speaker mount and covered those gaps up, then laid a thin of the fatmat around the edge, as it points through the dash. Appreciate the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane M View Post
Great truck and great job!
Thank you, Zane!

------------------------

Dash speakers installed. Didn't go quite as planned, took some work to get them in. Magnets hung pretty low. Polished up the center dash area.

Added a new chrome center air vent. Installed the Retrosound deck with speaker wires down by the kick panel area, for the new kick panel speaker setup. A "thank you" to John and others, as I used their advice in this thread. I have a face plate ordered, as I purchased this one for my 78, and didn't have one.

Ordered new vent ducting from Old air products. These seem just like the originals and fit like a glove.

There was no glovebox with the truck. Ordered one, and picked up a glovebox light from Chuck (here on the forum). Installed, came out pretty good!

The vacuum lines from the canister and outside vent, and inside vent, were not hooked up. Ran all new vacuum lines.

More updates as we make progress.

Last edited by BruthaMan; 04-04-2012 at 07:56 PM.
BruthaMan is offline   Reply With Quote