View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #354
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modges'66 View Post
One step at a time...One step at a time. You are still moving forward at a pretty good clip!!!
Yeah thanks, sometimes what I do all day isnt worth posting about in my opinion. Like today a large part of the first half was making a card board pattern for my dash extension.
I really dig your build though, I look at it every time you update too!! You are doing some mad stuff over there too, keep it going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
yeah, what he said, one step at a time sometimes there just bigger steps than other time, but there still steps
Thank you Flips, someday I will be close like you are right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
Yes , I can't believe I actually almost have it done. There were several times I almost gave up.

Your making some good progress, stay focused.
Posted via Mobile Device
I can only imagine Alan!
I know it took you 5 years to build your thread on your truck, and like 2 weeks for me to read it all... it must have seen its fair share of ups and downs!

Always a pleasure when you guys stop by to take a look, thank you for that!

Now... what did I get done today other than playing cut-out with card board?

I took the heater controls out of the donor 85 Sierra (Ok fair to say I took everything out of it....) and started looking at my dash for installation. I like the cleaner look and adjustment options with the newer controls. I pretty much knew it was going to be the stock radio spot, or the ash tray that were going to house this unit.
I decided today it was going to be the radio.

The Sierra had all kinds of screws in the dash holding stuff where it needed to be, but I didn't want that in this truck, so I had to start with fabbing a mounting braket.
Guess I forgot to take pictures of that.

This is my dash before I started my hack job on it.
Name:  15apr12 Heater Controls (1).jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  52.9 KB

This is with the mounting braket welded in behind the dash, and my welds cleaned up a bit. I am at an impasse now as to whether I want to fill those knob holes and clean it up, or use the plate I made to fit in that space to clean up the look of it. I am leaning towards filling it and going from there.
Name:  15apr12 Heater Controls (2).jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  40.5 KB

Anyways, more later !!
Thanks for looking

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote