Thread: 58 TRUK intro
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #128
AUSSIE54

Re: 58 TRUK intro

Posted via Mobile Device

G'day Ogre,

Thanks for putting up the extra photos of the theatre. It looked like it was once a fine old building. It's a shame that when there are slow periods that the get pulled down. We have lost a few old treasures here too.

I would not say that I am an architectural nut, but I do like most things old and buildings especially. The craftsmanship that was performed years ago is nothing short of amazing and certainly something that we'll not see again.

I'm currently on the tail end of a fairly extensive (six years worth) renovation to our home. Started out as a small fix her up a bit, but as some projects can, it blew out of proportion and before I knew it, I was making concrete tilt panels, re roofing and all kinds of things that I never thought I'd do. It's basically ended up being complete new front half to the house but with using as many recycled materials from the old structure that was there as I could. In the end, the tilt panels will be fully covered by the outer skin of red brick leaving a 2" cavity in between for thermal insulation. This is why at times progress on my crew cab is a bit slow. Hmmm… or is it the other way around.

Here's a few photos.

Name:  2e10378d.jpg
Views: 2174
Size:  50.1 KB

Name:  0a871322.jpg
Views: 2158
Size:  56.2 KB

Name:  0cb1cb1d.jpg
Views: 2161
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  589b8baa.jpg
Views: 2139