View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #197
Fastest32

Re: Post Pics of your Static Drops!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robber grin View Post
On my 62 C10 I'm going to use BELL 2 1/2" drop Spindles and McGaughy's 6 lug rotors on a 78 'burb clip with 3" drop coils.

The aftermarket drop spindles that you see are set up for HD brake using the 1 1/4" rotors vs the LD 1" rotors.

So if you buy the drop spindles you can run stock HD 1 1/4" 5 lug rotors or aftermarket 6 lug rotors...

OR you could run the 6 lug rotor on a stock HD spindle if you don't want the drop.

I'm unaware of a LD brake rotor option that would allow you to run 6 lug wheels...

Let us know what you come up with and PICS are always fun too!
I have a whole set up off of a 79 but wasnt sure about the rotors. I have a set of five lug rallies from my old truck but wasnt sure If I could just swap out rear axles to make the rear five lug. Im not really ready to do the whole front end swap yet either. I posted a pic of my truck on the other thread thats exactly like this one but Ill go ahead and post one here too. I cut 1 1/2 off of the front coils and used jeep springs in the rear. It rides really nice but I havent tried hauling much in it yet. I have a set of those overload air bags I can install if its too weak.

Fastest32 is offline   Reply With Quote