View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #367
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modges'66 View Post
What motor is you the motor that you are building from?
What all are you going to do to it?

Also, I posted some pics in my build that you requested.
Modge
Thanks for those how-to picks Modge! What you did to the leading edge of your grille mount was awesome and I will certainly be duplicating what you did!
That is a SBC 350, and the only thing I plan on doing to it, other than cleaning it up and a spiffy paint job, is an Edelbrock performer intake and carb, and different valve covers. I also want to get those Camaro headers that some guys around here use, hopefully one of them can shoot me the part number, I think they get them from Summit but I am uncertain.
The guy I got it from was told it has 20k miles on a crate engine, there are some indicators that it has been rebuilt (silicon gasket over squeeze in some spots, ect...) but I am still contemplating new oil gaskets for the pan and the valve covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
neat idea on the heater, is that the one from the donor truck? and yeah every man should have at least 2 engine stands with motors hanging on them
Yeah that control panel came from the 85. It was originally mounted with off-set screws from the outside of the dash going in. I dont want any screw heads showing on my dash, so I had to fab up a backing plate to weld inside my dash so I could mount the screws for it from the back. Maybe if the screws had been symmetrical I might have compromised and just thrown it on there, but this was better I think.

This weekend should be finishing up everything on the floor (except my tranny hump door) filling unused holes and such. Test mounting my seat and seeing what I need to mod to get that so it is solid and comfortable.

You know, stuff like that....

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1

Last edited by McMurphy; 05-06-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: more stuff to say
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote