View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #97
Low Elco

Re: Boppa's old yeller truck

So, we had it apart, now what to do? (Option Paralysis is my middle name.) As usual, we reverted to "do something even if it's wrong mode". Well, here we go!

Broke out the spotweld cutter (side note: if I ever meet the guy that invented the spotweld cutter, I'll kiss his ass at Hollywood and Vine!) and took out the rear sill-
Name:  IMG_2369.jpg
Views: 1308
Size:  74.7 KB

The sill was bad enough, here's what was on top of it-
Name:  IMG_2371.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  70.3 KB

Of course, both sides were rusted through, silly!
Name:  IMG_2372.jpg
Views: 1297
Size:  65.4 KB

Now that the sill was off, the edges were bent to stew, even when the sides were on. And the bed bolt holes were blown out, one in a BIG way, and the bed floor was bent and had some real good dents. So we got out the hi-tech fab equipment, and straightened all that out.
Name:  IMG_2373.jpg
Views: 1302
Size:  63.9 KB

Where we are now, sorta.
Name:  IMG_2375.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  53.0 KB

I say sorta because me and the neighbor (the guy from the painting pics who has been massively helpful) decided that the second sill (the one that was bent to hell) needed to come out, too. So, we got him out too, then straightened the front part out. Now, we gotta weld up the big and small holes and sandblast a buncha parts. Should be a laugh riot, but hey, I'm encouraged by the progress. Also, the Owner's Wife (my mom) came out this week and looked at the cab progress and she's stoked, so we must be doin' somethin' right. Anyway, have a good week, fellas!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote