View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
bulldog2513

Project Ol' Blue

This is my baby. A 1988 GMC Sierra SLE, 2 door, short bed, 2WD. I fell in love with this truck the minute I saw it and had to have it! After about 6 months I finally convinced the PO to sell it to me. I paid one thousand dollars for it in 2003 and it was in great shape other than the paint. It had a 5.7 in it which had a little bit of work done to it and had a GM reman 700r4 tranny. In 2005 the block cracked on me and me and a buddy (I call him my brother) put a 305HO and 700r4 in it from a 92 Camaro and it still sports it today. During the time it sat, I backed into the front of it with a New Holland skidsteer. Hence the primer hood. Around about 2010 the door striker bolt broke off driving down the road and Ol' Blue was parked for a while until I welded it back in a few months ago. When I first got it I raised the truck 3 inches and put 31x10.50's on it. Now it has been lowered 2 inches in the front using aftermarket coil springs and 4 inches in the rear by fabricating new shakles. With new shocks the ride is still like factory. There are a lot of ideas and wants I have for this truck but with low finances it will be done a little at a time. I plan to document Ol' Blue's growth on here for all to see. She will not be a showstopper but WILL be something I am proud of and proud to say "I built it!"
Attached Images

bulldog2513 is offline   Reply With Quote