View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:02 AM   #314
oklahomaduner

Re: Project '66 Dirtrod: K-30 Extended Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-PMD-GMC View Post
Very Nice
Thanks!

Well now that school is out for summer and the vacation period has passed, we are back on the truck!

After we mounted the shroud, we started work on the condenser. We made up some simple brackets and did a little shaving on the core support.

I have also been able to spend more time with our body guy in a mad dash to get the cab work done. We got the A/C unit mounted in the cab. We also built a new cab dolly that will allow us to tilt the cab on its back to smooth, weld, seal up, and undercoat it. While I was working on the dolly, my dad knocked out all the welding on it in the blink of an eye, and our body guy was finishing up smoothing out the floor and fitting in some pieces in the extended section.

We got one skin cut and fit up, but the goal for tomorrow is to get both skins on, floor fully finished up, and start some more work on the dash.

By the end of the month the cab should be out of his shop and back at our place to start playing with a roll cage.

So here are a bunch of pics for everyone, and stay tuned for more updates this week and this month!!!!

1958 Chevy 1 ton dually flatbed
My Dad's build thread

1966 GMC Custom Trim Big Back Window W/351e
My Time-Killing Project Truck

1966 (Not So) All Original Chevy Custom Trim Suburban
My Dad's Time-Killing Project Truck
oklahomaduner is offline   Reply With Quote