Thread: Greg's 50 Build
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
Root2812

Re: Greg's 50 Build

I was able to get in a few more hours of work this weekend. I found the split brake line. It was the line that goes across the cross member under the transmission. Lucky for me my dad had one piece of brake line laying around that was just long enough. After getting the truck to run, and now having brakes, I took it out. I went 15 miles and it was fun. After the drive I had a flat tire and found that I need to rebuild my carb but other than that it went well. The stearing is also way too loose so I need to figure that out, just way too much play in the wheel.

Then I laid my carpet, well a $7 remenant rug from Menards but its a nice temporary carpet. Really I just didn't want my dog's paws getting cut on the rusty floor. We also test fit the visor! It was cool looking.

Without further ado, Pics!

My truck with the visor sitting in place.

My wife climbed in to check out the progress and the pets came too.

Happy dog number 1 (Aka Flynn)

Happy dog #2 (Aka Duggy)

And lastly, the first pic in this thread is from 1989 and it was both the day the truck came into my family and the last time any one drove it. This pic is just like it but today, the day it drove again. (My sister is missing though)
Root2812 is offline   Reply With Quote