View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #12
special-K
Special Order

Re: CL ad, Not mine but it used to be lol

More power to him on flipping it. If it's worth it to him,it's not like he's asking more than what it's worth,if you ask me.

I hope you don't mind,but I have a somewhat similar story. Back in the late-90s I built a pro-street '70 CST Stepside. Well,basically,I had been building it when a builder went bankrupt owing me a big chunka change. So,I slapped it together the rest of the way with only a few refinements I still wanted to do but wasn't going to throw any more money at it for someone else. I took it to Pigeon Forge Truckin' Nationals to sell. It looked great and had an angry built LS6. I had this guy offering me an insulting amount below my asking price and,even if he offered me more than I was asking,I decided I did not like his attitude and just didn't want him to have my truck...and I told him exactly that. So,later that day I sold it to someone else for a price I was very happy with. It turns out,that guy who rubbed me the wrong way had sent this guy over with his cash. Oh well,at least I didn't have to suffer through another minute of talking to this jerk. Well,truck's now gone,I paid my debts,and about a year (maybe more) later I get a classic truck magazine and there it is!! He had it painted another red,changed the seat,put a '72 grille in,Lokar floor shifter,and added more bling under the hood (I made it look like a factory 402,the paint was factory 514 red,and it had a factory seat w/Cheyenne cover). It was cool to see my truck in a magazine,but I didn't like that the article made it sound like he built the truck when all he did is add his touches. That guy had money,not talent. I had done everything but the engine/trans and back half/narrowed rear,which were done by two different guys,both hardly a stone's throw from my house.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote