Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #1325
PBFAB.COM

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
How to get the BEST DEAL EVER I made a comment on another thread here about buying an IFS. It may have sounded like I was steering the OP towards our product. Yes, thats how I make a living, but that wasn't my goal. Everyday I talk to people about their projects, and more than half of the stories are not so good. Poor quality parts, bad shop experience, over budget, too long....... Many of them are removing parts they bought and installed, only to be unhappy with the outcome. This is the heart of the problem. So how do you get the best deal without getiing screwed? Do your Homework. Ask the right questions, and if you don't know which ones to ask, ask about that too. Forming a relationship with a builder or retailer will help. Not a virtual relationship, but a personal one. Call them on the phone, or stop buy. But, don't waste their time, be ready, have a notepad and pen, and listen to what they say. Think about why they may say these things. Never buy on impulse. You can get Price, Quality, or Service. - But you can't have all three. Most of us are building what amounts to a 4000 lb. bomb. If you plan on driving your truck on a public road, with your wife, girlfriend, and/or kids, set out to make it safe enough for the HP you put in it. Our goal is to grow the classic truck hobby in general. More people building and driving more old trucks. To do that, we have to finish them, drive them, and live through the experience.
p.s. - never put your wife and girlfriend in the truck at the same time.
Rob-

This is one of the main reasons I respect you and your company. It is always refreshing to see another vendor who shares similar principles and values. Sound advice all the way around!

If I were to emphasize anything you mentioned, it would be the planning process. Take your time in the "discovery" portion of the process. Ask LOTS of questions. Know what you are building BEFORE you build it. This will help ensure that all parts will work together to achieve the desired end result. A clear and solid plan will do nothing more than save time and money in the long run!

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson