View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #1067
Jason S

Re: How about some pics of 67-72 Burbans!

Hello, I’m the proud owner of a 1970 Chevrolet Ambulance. I saved it from being scrapped for the Engine (454) and transmission (TH400). It was not running, sitting outside, rotting tires, and major infestation of Wasps. I believe it has less than 84K original miles on her. Time and $$ later I have her running fairly well. I would love to know who did the conversion. I think my rear etched glass is the key to finding out who did the conversion. I trolled around the web and I’m circling around it being a Stoner conversion just not sure. I’m planning on meeting an ambulance builder in Portland named Larry Miller who has made a number of the ambulance conversions during the time this was built. Kind of excited to see what he has to say. The history I know it was originally purchased by the City of Albany Fire Department, later retired and sold/given to Scio fire district and eventually sold to me. I guess I should mention that these are all in a fairly small area of Oregon, and that I live in Albany Oregon. On another note after changing my front breaks I was wondering if there is a possibility to change them to disks. I hope no one thinks that’s some sort of sacrilege. It would just make it nicer to drive. Jason S

Last edited by Jason S; 08-06-2012 at 08:31 PM.