View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #36
LEEVON

Re: Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1999

Do eeet man!

So just more driving on this truck lately and despite my best hopes a light foot it gets 15mpg...yeah I wish I had a 5.3L after having 6 or 7 since my last obs. I found myself wishing today that I had held out for a 99-02 regular cab but then I snapped to and bought some stuff.

Flip kit is here, plus shock extenders, carrier bearing and shims. I got all of that from a board member for $125. I'll probably fabricate my own notch, so that leaves the front end and shocks. I'm probably going to go with DJM lower arms, because I'm not crazy about trimming the stock lowers to run 15's. They ride nice, I have a set on my '71. They make one that is for 4" drops, with the correct ball joint angles for drop springs.

Almost forgot. Got hail dings on the roof tonight as I was sitting in the driveway. My wife pulled in at the same time and we were trapped by the downpour and sat and watched helplessly while texting each other and wincing. I hope her new Suburban is ok, couldn't tell. Oh well, it didn't hurt as bad as when it happened to my '08!