View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #35
steemin_ehman
False Lies

Re: Wrecked pride...

I'll keep you guys in the loop on the progress and findings! As well, if it's going to get rebuilt, I'll document it. We will find out in time...

The box hit the cab and dented it (box is 100% fine), and it looks like it sprung back close to where it should be... but we'll see once we measure it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76stepside01 View Post
That hurts to look at those pictures... my brother drove by after that happened and saw it! Are you in saskatoon? I saw it forsale a while ago and thought maybe the new owner had wrecked it. I would have loved to see that truck in person before it was wrecked..
I was in Saskatoon for the Folk Fest - It put a damper on the weekend thats for sure. The truck looked and sounded way better in person than it ever looked in pictures - especially on a nice sunny day! I had it listed for sale, and was actually offered a fair price.... he was ready to get a cahiers check printed but I just couldn't let it go. I wasn't ready to let it go. Maybe I should've, it might still be in one peice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74 stepside View Post
Terrible thing to experiance. Glad you werent hurt, it could have been worse. Did you have normal car insurance or a classic car insurance? Hope every thing works out.
I had normal car insurance - that way it's more or less up to the body shop to determine the vehicle's worth, and if it's worth fixing. If it was plated as a classic vehicle, in order to get insurance above a certain small amount, you need a package policy - then it's up to the insurer to decide the vehicle worth. I tried going that route (much cheaper insurance costs), so I had an appraisal done, they assessed it at 21k, the insurer assessed it at 11k, even with the appraisal. So I went with regular insurance instead. I trust a body shop before an insurer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bark View Post
Hey I swear I seen that truck around Russel Manitoba, and my buddy figures he seen it in the gap... You must have been putting the miles on it, or you have a twin.
lol hell yes! One fortunate thing was that I put a lot of miles on it this summer!! It's gone from saskatoon, to regina, moose jaw, through russel and sandy lake, calgary, Edmonton... and lots in between! Pretty much a fair chunk of western Canada. Thus if it does get written off, at least I have that satisfaction. I built it to drive, and drive is what I did. Loved every minute of it!! Seemed to be getting an increasing number of traffic tickets though....

Just for reference, I've attached some pre-smashed up pictures... so sad
Attached Images

-1979 Chevy CCLB, 6.7L Cummins swap - Project "RAMERADO"
-2015 Yukon XL Denali (Family ride)
-1977 Chevy stepside, carb'ed vortec 350 (SOLD)
-Father of three daughters who will also have something cool...
steemin_ehman is offline   Reply With Quote