View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 12:37 AM   #173
NewType72

Re: 1972 Chevy p/u NewType Build

Hey guys it's been awhile but I finally made some progress this weekend I finally got my shocks in after they've been on national back order for over a month ridiculous really and then also I have my new cab sitting in its new home for the next few months! gonna start tearing her apart next weekend and get her ready for bodywork and patches so here's some pics that also have some questions and ideas for them please read through and throw in any advice thank you!

So here we go here are the old air shocks in place with alot of gunk on them and driver side blown out

Here are the brand new 18 1/2 inch KYB Gas shocks to replace them to make sure of a solid ride also have KYB's in the front

In place...

Onto the cab I have these buttons surrounding the rear window inside similar to a tanneau cover I had on my bed anyone know of this or have seen this before? I'm getting rid of them for sure but just something curious to me

Full vinyl bench that I'm unsure of what to do with..

another behind the seat gas tank that will move my total up to two in a couple years when I transfer to an under bed setup

Full frontal shot of the cab and you can see the only rust is on the passenger floor and top of rocker which we will try to fix without replacing the whole rocker

I already have a vintage air setup bought for the new a/c cab and I'll be looking for slick weld in patches to fill the factory holes as well and looking for a bead rolled circular hole patch for the far left hole (forgetful of name of part)

Does anyone know the differences of the 70 cab vs. the 72 cab being the holes particularly I've heard of the throttle being a metal rod on earlier models and a cable being the ones on the 71-72? any truth or are they just the same???

and finally my pride and joy of this purchase an original AM radio for the truck since I'll be going to a factory look (honestly hate that my current has an aftermarket deck in my dash but least i upgraded) anyone know where I can get this repaired to working order and also find the knobs???

- Dylan
(209)-985-7721
NewType72 is offline   Reply With Quote