Thread: 68' Chevy c10
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #358
XxCHEVYMANxX

Re: 68' Chevy c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
Thanks man ! thats how I've been feelin !
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieD View Post
Looks good what kind of gun do you have?
Thanks FrankieD ! I'm still using an old Devillbis finish line siphon feed, and a pasche vl dual action airbrush. wish I had a Sata and a Iwata.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Same question! I've got a HVLP gravity feed set that I bought from "The Captain" if you know what I mean. It came with a little dude and a standard size fella with two tips. One is 0.4mm I think, for primer??? On the power side I've got two of them stand-ups on wheels that say "5hp", even tho they're 15A single phase, so more like 3/4hp each. With the two tied together tho, I get a pretty good huff. I'm a bit worried about water too. I have a good quality filter/regulator with a sediment bowl, but I've seen some little water traps that dudes hang right on the end of their guns??? By the time I get to painting it'll be pretty cold around here. I'll have to stoke the fire for a few hours at least to get it to temp. That temp will hold for several hours (if I close up and walk away), but then back to chilly! Bad deal you suppose?

Your moving steady dude and all them bits look real nice. Did you do anything different for the plastic defrost vents? What's next on the list?

Couple more Chevys for ya!

Johnny!
Thanks Dude ! yep your 4mm is for primer or high solid paint, I also use it for big bass boat metal flake.your big enemy will be water, and the more your compressor has to run... the more water you will have. The gun I use is HVLP as well, and I like to keep the pressure set high at the compressor and use a regulator at the gun with a moisture trap too. Be EXTRA careful painting in a small closed space with a fire going. I've heard cases where just a pilot light ignited the fumes. when I have to paint and need heat I use a salamander heater so I can shut it down when I get to the temp I need. heres a couple pics for ya.
Name:  100_1427.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  31.6 KB

Name:  100_1428.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  29.1 KB
1977 Trans Am (Project)
1965 Chevelle (Project)
XxCHEVYMANxX is offline   Reply With Quote