View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:59 AM   #189
NewType72

Re: 1972 Chevy p/u NewType Build

Well as promised I have my goodies update but first how it al went down ordered my parts from Truck shop out of Orange, CA Wednesday morning expecting them to arrive next week when in fact they showed up friday afternoon (THANKS FOR THE GREAT SERVICE TRUCK SHOP) Have always dealt with them when getting new parts for the truck and they never let me down. Now onto the install stuff I had a lil family day on saturday so I couldnt do anything other than slap my new pedals and trim on in the interior and then finally sunday afternoon got down to it involving installing my new antenna and gauge cluster setup after I restored the OEM equipment heres the rundown Enjoy and thank you for checking in..

First off here are all the goodies I got
Instrument Panel
Non-telescopic AM-FM antenna (never had regular radio in the truck before)
New gas pedal pad and trim (had brake pad with trim in my own stash already)
new stainless day-night mirror (old one was very scratched)
ashtray bumpers
Em. Brake handle
2 rear deluxe marker lights (mine were faded bad)
left and right defroster vents (hoses are on back order)
and a new windshield washer jar
[IMG][/IMG]

Old instrument bezel with tinted gauge faces and faded pointers
[IMG][/IMG]

tint on the oem lens
[IMG][/IMG]

Glow orange paint with brushes and i also slit the parts bags and slipped the pointers through to hand paint them and then let them cure in the sun didn't need something over the top just to update and see them better
[IMG][/IMG]

Finally! the old bezel vs. new bezel look obviously the gauges can be seen alot better now along with the pointers and cleaned up lens
[IMG][/IMG]

The money shot such an improvement and it makes me feel like i've stepped into someone elses truck every day now
[IMG][/IMG]

Also bought brand new 194 bulbs for the backside and man did that brighten up my setup
[IMG][/IMG]

also new pedals with trim
[IMG][/IMG]

as well as my new jolly green giant antenna with a C/10 club shout out picture for Rene and all the group
[IMG][/IMG]

- Dylan
(209)-985-7721
NewType72 is offline   Reply With Quote