View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:22 AM   #26
cotsi95

Re: Wade's 52 5 window

Finally got the truck moved to my house and in the garage. Now the build can finally begin! I power washed the engine bay to try and get some most of the 60 years worth of mud and grime off. Then pushed it into the garage and ripped out the wiring harness.

Then I sanded and prepped the firewall to get painted semi-gloss black.

Before:

After:

Then I moved into the interior ripping out the rest of the dash components. The truck was a haven for wasps when it was out in the pasture and I THOUGHT I had killed them all. But when I went to rip the dash pad out I grabbed in the wrong spot and got stung by one. There were 3 still alive hiding inside the dash pad. Now the truck is FINALLY wasp free...or so I hope.

Then I sanded, Primed and Painted the dash.

I also mocked up the dash pieces that I painted an age brass metallic. It should look pretty good when all of the pieces are in there.

Lastly i painted my shifter and installed the shift knob. I took a dummy grenade from my local military surplus store and epoxied the hole in the bottom shut and then drilled and tapped it. I also painted the top pieces the aged brass metallic.

Tomorrow I should have the old motor and trans out as well as the front frame rails ground down and painted.
cotsi95 is offline   Reply With Quote