View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:16 AM   #150
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: 69 C10 swb stepside project 45 ACP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Looks like good progress on this one. What's next>?
I need to fit the driveshaft, locate the engine to match and bolt down the frame mounts. After that the headers can be bolted up and the accessories installed.

I need to put a better driver side door on and install the new cab mount bushings then the cab can be bolted down and the front clip installed.

Install the fuel tank, put the seat frame onto the crew cab seat base and fit the shoulder belt retractors to the floor anchor points.

Reinstall the under dash harness and the rest of the dash parts so it is complete then install the front light harness and engine harness.

Do the rear axle flip to put it on top of the springs and cut the front coils down to match. Flip the upper A-arms side to side as the current configuration gives too much caster. Remove the lower A-arms and machine the cross shafts for 3/4" rearward placement to increase caster. When the funds come available it will get drop spindles & proper drop springs up front.

Make the emergency brake system complete and functional, finish plumbing the rear brakes and bleed the system so they work.

Cut the exhaust pass thru holes in the trailing arm crossmember and build the exhaust system.

After that I can put some gas in it and fire it up. Should move under its own power at that point.

Still a boat load of stuff to do after that point before it is ready to get blown apart, painted & reassembled. I may just hit it with a quick coat of satin black to knock the ugly off it. After this thing moves under its own power I will be getting back to work on the 4x4 project to get it to the same point.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote