View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #720
watahyahknow

Re: The Project Havoc....

om planning on running impco gascarbs and propane myself , theres a boostrefference build intoo those setups you only need to put in a small extra line from carbbase to vaporizer , you can use a normal size pressure line but its wize to hook up 2 impco E vaporizers to keep the ar ratio good at the highest boost , thinking about running little over one bar thats about 14.5 psi
the engine is a 1977 454 in a C25 pickup
thinking about twin holset hx50's or garrett 4088's for turbo's both are available here at truck wreckingyards DAF and cummins ran them a lot
im trying to use as mush of the shelve stuff as i can , using a stainless version long tube headers the small piece of pipe on that with the propper flange for headers on one end and the turbo's on the other and wastegates in the bend of the piping (the turbos will be sitting in place of the gastanks under the benchseathump of the cab ) will be the only real welding job then go on with a resonable normal exaust from the turbo and out the back
the only thing i need extra for this is some longer oilline and chargepipe (thinking on running two to the front under the sills and up the inner and outer fender to a pressurebox over the carb) and a scavengepump to get the used oil from the turbo's back to the top of the motor

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote