View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #29
rcbildr

Re: Got a story of a car you "loved and lost" or sold? Or found ... years later?

I kinda have one relating to the 1960 GMC 1/2ton I just bought. When we picked up the GMC a woman stopped by to tell us that her 3 yr old has a love obsession with the truck and would be sad to see it go. I told her after I get it reliably on the road I would take her for a ride in it with one of her parents. So she took my girlfriend's number and called her a few days ago. They will be meeting us at the Beater Brunch...a car show my friend puts on for project cars. She also told me that they are currently trying to find their daughter her own truck, but she doesn't want any of them...it has to be the GMC I bought, and nothhing else will do. The things these old vehicles do to us and our children. I feel kinda bad for buying the truck. I'm going to surprise her and have a friend paint her name on the front driver side fender...my GMC is now named Sara after the little girl. I can't wait to see the look on her face.

Here's the truck:
1967 Suburban 1/2ton 2wd

My Girlfriends Projects
1985 Chevy Suburban 3/4ton 4x4 with 6.2L diesel, 4" lift, converted to TH-400, Warn Premium manual hubs, & Wildcat 315/75/R16 tires. (daily driver)
1978 Camaro Type LT with a Marine 350 & vortec heads, Rochester Carb, & roller cam
1978 Camaro Z28
rcbildr is offline   Reply With Quote