View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #35
special-K
Special Order

Re: Thought My Jimmy Was Big

I don't know what happened to the one I had to replace. Prolly hit it with a tractor. The way it was so level and square on top of what remained leads me to believe it was a cold joint...two separate pours. This feller was a self made Mr. Fixit. He was a medical researcher who did all his own repairs on vehicles and his property,as well as built whatever needed built since they bought the place in '57. I had it to him. There was nothing he wouldn't try to do. But...from a professional stand point,he did some pretty sketchy stuff.
Here's the trellis I replaced. I went to buy the lattice and it was $5 per 8' piece! I got out the table saw and planer and made up my own. I primed and painted the pieces first,then wove them through the Clematis (vine). I glued every piece where they cross and pressed two 1/2" brads in using channel locks,then touched up a couple coats over those and my cuts. The other end of the porch had a single section that was still intact. I made the one on the right the same distance inside of the column,put the old one up,and made another the same size to carry it around the corner to kind of balance things out a bit
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote