View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #46
Oklahoma_k5

Re: Thought My Jimmy Was Big

I'm kinda surprised i read all the way through this one. But I am interested in building trucks and looking at old buildings so this might be the perfect country and western song so to speak. My hats off to you on getting the old building back up and straight.

Anyway.

I have have an off road design crossover kit on my k5 with a D60 and i think it drives pretty good. On the highway I can drive it with a couple of fingers and it tracks straight. I did wind up taking off the sway bar because it was in the way of the crossover. I had plans to modify it or find a different one to go in its place. Four years latter I've gotten used to driving without it and don't have any plans to put one back on.

I try to never have the K5 on a trailer. Drove it 800 miles to Colorado last summer. With D60/14B, Winch, Bumpers, Rock Sliders, 203/205 doubler and 35s its too heavy and I don't really have trailer that will haul it anyway.

The best thing about it is i can still turn when the drivers side tire drops out. Couldn't do that before. Turned the wheel all the way and the front tires would be a little past straight.

One thing to make sure of is that all the parts in the front end are good. Had a horrible death wobble when I first put the crossover and D60 in. Everything but the rear upper bushings in the frame side of the swing shackles was reasonably new. Finally replaced those thinking it was a waste of time and bingo. No more death wobble.
Oklahoma_k5 is offline   Reply With Quote