View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #47
special-K
Special Order

Re: Thought My Jimmy Was Big

Let's see pictures of that big K/5. This is a ramblin' thread. Mines what I call somewhat big...until next to a less capable pregnant crossover. I have 1t axles I've been tempted to install and keep on going with building up this Jimmy. But honestly,it has been more my road machine and I don't see any real heavy off road use in it's future. It can do very well as is and my focus is for getting a pre-88 truck to build my next work truck out of. I'd like a K/30 but condition is most important.I'm thinking with way more K/20s out there I'll probably get one of those (or even a K/10) and use the axles on that. Also,my '72 will be getting a Dana 60 up front and an HO52 in the rear (hopefully this winter). The Jimmy is my light duty rig (car).

Those 2 x 4s you see against that wall are holding that section up. It was totally loose and free standing with a prop leaned against it to hold in place. The bottoms and tops of the studs were rotted. I talked them into doing this and felt obligated to only do what was necessary to keep it standing w/o spending any more money than needed. I bolted through the 2 x 4s into the posts,then tacked the window sash into place to keep it there. This has to be the funkiest thing I've done in a ling time...but it did the trick! I left the concrete for the deadmen below grade. When I was done with them I cut them down below grade and back filled. If anyone goes to change the grade or any other digging they'll be cussing me

Ok,getting back to K/5 related. Here's the Jimmy in front of the old shop:
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote