View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:08 AM   #44
hp1957

Re: 1958 GMC Fleetside C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKGMC4 View Post
That's interesting. I never thought about notching the top. I notched the bottom on mine as well. Do you think my height problems stem from that? I took measurements from a 92 vette and set my k member to match, and I can't get it in the air high enough. I had to put 3/4 inch blocks under the spring ends (with a Z51 spring) to shim it up enough to stop bottoming out. Just assumed it was too weak a spring to hold up the truck. I just ordered Qa1 coilover shocks from Summit yesterday. What scares me is your brothers truck seems to have a good height, with a top notch. Makes me second guess whether coil overs will be enough on mine. Do you happen to know what springs Mario used(coil length and rate)? Looks like the bags you're planning may be easier. With a bottom notch and bags it should lay on the ground!
OKGMC4, bro Mario going to measure his 56 coilovers this weekend. Bottom frame notch put your truck lower to the ground w coilovers you can set ride height & have a smooth ride.

Harvey
1957 Chevy Stepside
1958 GMC Fleetside C4 build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...65#post5510465
hp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote