View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #293
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Ogre,
I will definitely have another, closer look with a flashlight in hand to make CERTAIN there's nothing chewed.

Russ,
You're EXACTLY right. The reason I wasn't driving it was becasue I took the door latches, door panels, window cranks, etc off in preparation or cleaning up, priming and painting. I did that, bought new door rubber, window felt and anti-rattle strips. Then I found more rust in the lower doors than I originially thought there was (naturall, right? I shoulda known better).

And because I haven't gone out and bought a bottle of Ar/Co2 (about $190 at my local Airgas supplier) nor .023 wire ($20-30) for my welder I guess I won't til January because of the holidays and a planned ski trip right after. But once that arrives I will be able to make the repairs.

I went out there Sat with the intention of pulling her out, cleaning her up, and doing some prep work - cutting rotted metal out, etc. But honstly, I just got pissed off and cleaned the rat crap & nuts and went inside and sulked!! Very adult, I know! I haven't given up. I'm in a lull but I can feel myself coming out of it and YOUR trucks and the encouragement (and teasing, lol) you give are the things that keep me going.
Thanks guys!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote