View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
NEWFISHER

Re: My 1950 dog hauling, trailer towing, daily driver Suburban

Thanks Divine
Ogre, at first I couldn't find an intro section and wanted to start a build thread when I started back in on it. I was in such a hurry this summer to get the thing on the road to catch a couple late cruises that I didnt have much time for a build thread.....I was just building!

Grumpy, I was Chasing the "bare metal clamshell" over a year ago on the Hamb,lost it, found this one , found this forum and saw your bare steele 53 and LOVED IT! I know most of you will probobly stop following this build if I did this, but I have actually thought of stripping the paint off of this one and going bare metal. 1) I love the industrial look 2) this thing has virtually no filler in it. My wife would kill me, so it will probobly stay painted.
Our trailer is a 60 Avion. I tried to find a super clean unrestored airstream, but couldn't. They all needed something. Jumped on the Avion out of Missoula Montana. We spent most of last years weekends in it. The truck/camper is now mothballed after my wife and hounds fell in love with having a lot more room to get out of the weather in the trailer, especially after making them camp in the teardrop (restored 1945 KIT Mfg.) behind the 55 wagon

Posted via Mobile Device
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote