View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #37
NEWFISHER

Re: My 1950 dog hauling, trailer towing, daily driver Suburban

^^ GIT R DUN!

I'm not the "relax" guy, I'm the ADHD adult that is always cleaning, organizing, planning, re-planning and organizing. My wife says I'm gonna look good in the coffin after my early heart attack LOL

The pedal swap looks pretty basic. Removing the mechanical system, template the Lokar, drilling 4 holes and cutting out the swing arm section. Pulling the motor looks like removing the hood, draining the fluids, 4 hoses, cable, coolant temp bung, oil pressure bung, 4 wires, 6 bell housing bolts a fuel line and the cutting the exhaust as I am going to run cast headers. Figure in a parts store run, I'm shooting for mid day Sunday to fire it up with the shorty sprint car mufflers hanging from the header flanges as a temporary exhaust. I have it scheduled for the exhaust shop next week and will bring the Summit cross member to locate the tube down the drivers side. Going with 2.5 inch 2 into 1 about 18 inches from the headers, into a large 3 chamber magnaflow and 2.5 inch out 45 degrres at the left corner 45 down to the pavement.

Last edited by NEWFISHER; 12-07-2012 at 04:44 PM.
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote