67cheby

Re: Slosh Tubz new company project "Square Peg" frame laying 1987 GMC Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Man this waiting is worse that being a kid on Xmas eve..Jim
LOL, sorry man
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicchev View Post
I think its way easier going form new to old on the clips... Hinge position is the challenge. Should be simple, ecpecially when you get to eliminate the hinges on the fenders because you just have to install a set of Tubz anyways
thats what i am talking about ! i am excited about the clip swap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
i didnt know about the hinge locations but they shouldnt be to hard
i even think there mounted on the inner fenders
if they mounted in a different location on the bulkhead im sure that there allready dimples put in the sheetmetal where you need to drill the holes as the basic cabdesign hasnt changed
i just know that in one of the two setups (think it was the newer style) where theres an extra plate added under the frontwindow to cover up the hole left by the shorter bonnet / hood
the one without the extra sheetmetal allso has the shorter stalks where the wiperarms fit ontoo to get them to duck under the hoodedge when in the rest position
not sure how they mounted that extra bit of sheetmetal , it might be there spotwelded in but the sheetmetal under that is the same old or new style
we will see very soon !
Quote:
Originally Posted by made2drag View Post
this is gonna be a sweet ride! even sweeter cause its a husband/wife build! but you know after her k5 is done.....your gonna have to build a custom squarebody dually to pull these 2 to the shows......
thanks man, next will be 88-98 so i can do the Slosh Tubz for that bodystyle and work my way through all the years !
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote