View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
benny70

Well its about time to start a build thread...

This project started back in August, my dad and I dad bought the truck about a week before I left for college. We recently finished a 52 Ford F1, which the PO installed a fuel injected 4.6, a camaro rear end, fiberglass flip nose and more, but we spent all summer this year replacing the ****ty parts he bought at a junkyard. We decided this project was going to be different, so we found a rust free C10 in Wisconsin of all places. The truck is nothing more than just a rolling body when we picked it up, so we could build the whole thing the right way. A funny side story, the guy we bought it from was selling due to poor health, said he had a condition that made his lungs swell up and made it hard for him to breathe. He was 46 or 47 years old and claimed he lived in a retirement community. When we pulled up, we realized he lived in a trailer park and he was smoking a cigarette, he said it helped open up his lungs. He was an odd guy. Anyways back to the truck. My dad said he ran the vin and it came back as a 67, which is whats stated on the title, and has the big back window, but yet it has side marker lights..? Anyways, i only get to work on it on holiday breaks and the occasional weekend that I come home, but i feel like weve made some good progress so far. Ill post pics in the next few posts
benny70 is offline   Reply With Quote