View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #154
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
Hey D, dont get in a hurry over us My truck sat in my driveway while I did home improvements at our old house for 5 years! I understand, just wait until you have a kid and a pregnant wife then you really wont have much truck time!

On the throttle blade subject I think they (forget the technical term) split the ends of the screws in the throttle plates so they dont back out and get sucked into the engine. I am by no means a carb expert besides bolting on an Edelbrock and having my old man tune them for me, carbs have always been a weak point for me. I always hated Quadrajet carbs because I had no idea how to tune them but they are a solid reliable unit when done right. Glad you made it through the storms okay up there.
Thanks, Dan! We were one of the really lucky ones with the storm. We had no damage and did not lose power except for some minor flickering. I have a friend half a mile from me who was without power for over a week. My in-laws also had no power for over a week.

I am just going to send the throttle base to Carb Junky and let them handle it for $49. I wish I had gone at it a bit slower in the beginning. Realized I made a lot of financial mistakes when buying parts. We went to Rhinebeck last year on the last day and I could have gotten a rebuilt carb for half the price I have spent on this one so far. At the point where I have to decide if I call it a loss or spend a little bit more. I don't want to wait till May for a carb, but if this does not work, then I will probably look for a deal at Rhinebeck this year.

I have heard the Qjets are really good if setup right, so I would like to try and use it.

Probably won't be having a kid or a pregnant wife anytime soon, if at all. It's a bit of a longer story than this, but if she was going to get pregnant, she probably would be by now.
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote