View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #69
gearboxx70

Re: Veraneio 67 - The Brasilian Suburban

Yes, I was mistaken. I went back and looked at the pictures posted by Chevy Brazil. The tail lights I was thinking of were the ones on the 2 pick-ups.Its a bit hard to tell for sure, but the ones on the trucks look alot like lights from our early/mid-sixties pick-ups.
And I still say you could benefit from ordering some print catalogs. LMC Truck carries GM Factory assembly manuals which could also be very helpful. The manuals are about $40 USD plus postage. I'm sure other companies carry these as well.
I know GM was very adept at using overruns of parts in various countries as they changed models here in the states. If a certain part from a previous year was cheaper to produce than the new part, they would use the cheaper parts in foreign markets to save some money.
By the way, I'd like to see some of parts the Brazilians use to improve the performance of their engines. I have an inline 6 in my Suburban, and am always looking for ideas to improve its performance. Since the 6's aren't as popular here in the states, parts for them aren't common (and can be expensive).
gearboxx70 is offline   Reply With Quote