View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
americanthunder

Re: Project "Booger"

Quote:
Originally Posted by z-iowa View Post
Good work! Subscribed..
Thank you! I'll keep updating as I progress!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdavis View Post
I have bought several things from Harbor Frieght and I have never got something bad. I guess I am lucky. But I only buy things that I know will wear out soon. To save money.
Than the big box stores charge way to much and they wear out about the same length of time.
I totally agree. I've been buying disposables from HF for a great many years and never had an issue till this time. I think If they had had an intelligent life form working there things would have worked out better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
You're really getting after it! HF is good for some things, others not so much.

I'm doing my first paint job and learning it all right here. Elco and a couple others have been my personal instructors and so far I'm really happy with the results. The hardest part is drawing that line in the sand in terms of how detailed you're going to get. You've already been pushing that line on this build I see

Keep up the good work! Anxious to see the crate motor
Yea I've been doing a little each day and trying to tackle the bigger stuff on the weekends meanwhile soaking as much information as I can on here to make things go smoother. The build would be so much harder without this forum.

Elco was one of the first to chime in on this thread and has provided great advice Im sure your paint will turn out fantastic.

I do know what you say about that line though. The deeper I get the more stuff I see that I want to replace. Every time I work on old booger I find myself saying "That needs to be replaced or I can't leave that like that" and writing it on my notepad. What started out as a driver has quickly become a very nice driver. So much for the budget

AmericanThunder
Project Booger Build Thread
americanthunder is offline   Reply With Quote