View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #91
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5

...and more fiddling. When I picked this truck up, it started and ran fantastically, even in temperatures approaching zero. Lately, however, it has NOT been happy until warmed up, chugging, stumbling, missing and (literally) choking. After some research, I found a bad choke pull-off. Amazingly hard to find little piece. Had to special order it through NAPA--most other LAPS just looked at me funny. Even better, when asking for a choke thermostat, the guy asked me what temperature I wanted

She's back starting/running well now, but loudly, as I have the muffler and tailpipe dropped to get replaced. The muffler was rotten at the joints and the tailpipe was just plain ugly, so I had the local exhaust shop bend up a replacement. Will stick it in tomorrow and hopefully get back to driving this beast
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote