View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #24
71K20chevy

Re: '71 K/20 Build Thread

Thanks for the comments! I would like to do a stock bench, but I really want a center console. At first I was sold on Blazer seats. Then my dad said that if I had a chick riding with me, I wouldn't want her on the other side of the truck, which is a valid point....

So if I got the fold down console, you can go from buckets to bench almost instantly. But the thing is, I do like the original seats better. Buddy buckets aren't really an option, they'd cost too much to get done...I still have the original bench, but it needs new bottom foam and a cover.

Also forgot to say that from the same guy I got my dash pad from, he had a complete NOS tach cluster (all working gauges, good bezel) for $150! He had a new bezel for $50 (I realize I paid a little too much for that now), so I bought that, and then I got this with a little work:

So that will be going in soon.

Right now the truck sits on jackstands getting new brakes, ball joints, steering components, etc. Glad I hoarded my money, it sure does disappear quickly

The guy at the brake place said, "Wanna know how to make a small fortune restoring an old truck? Start with a big fortune." Which is true