View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #321
NewType72

Re: 1972 Chevy p/u NewType Build

Well friday/saturday went very well for me I pulled my bench seat out on friday night and started on running the wiring properly from the driver to the passenger side had to install small washers for each door trigger as the holes are larger than the new pins. Also found some extra holes to use for courtesy light placement areas for now not factory nor the best spots but they'll work for now and actually do a great job.

Ran my dome/cargo light harness together through the cabs inner wall and door sill gutter dome works great however American autowire had a poor connector on the trigger connection and it ended up breaking I have no idea where I can find this kind of connector as the auto parts store doesn't carry nor does the local radio shack so I'm really bummed about this fact and don't want to have to buy a whole new harness just to fix it any ideas here??

I also replaced nearly all my old fuses (some actually had what looked like overspray from the factory or the P.O.'s on them have no idea how that would happen. everything works killer other than some brake light harness issues and a ground wire snapped on my front marker light slowly getting to everything there.

And finally I had my buddy run my semi-new amp as well as check for distortion on my system and she certainly rocks out now so I'm proud of that so I had to do a little test drive with the rear-end and wiring so I put about 100 miles of solid 50-65 mph on the truck and was very impressed only lost a little over a 1/4 of a tank so mileage is definitely up so in all it was a pretty good set of upgrades.

Tailgate is getting the sheetmetal cut off the face since it's a little beat up and the grille is still out getting stripped and polished I already got the bracketry back all nice and powdercoated waiting to go back together. Also had my door sills polished up they look killer

This is that connector that I am looking for if ANYONE has any kind of info on it I would be forever grateful thank you!

- Dylan
(209)-985-7721
NewType72 is offline   Reply With Quote