View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #260
bollybib

Re: Jim's 1969 Custom/20

Thank you to readers Jim and Rick.

Curt,

The repro clips held in the stock holes, but not with the same positive grip as the original clips. "CS" is my opinion of the clips (has to do with chickens and their leavings). I bought them from Classic Industries (part number T1422).

It's hard to beat OEM parts. The originals are designed to pop out without damage and can be reused. The retainers on the repro ones will bend backwards when removed and probably won't be good for another install. I used them for a repair, so I found them satisfactory. I only used two or three as I recall.

If I were you, I'd get some clips and check them out for fit before drilling anything. Lots of guys use the adhesive type with success, too. Then you don't have to drill all those holes. It's worth checking out. I didn't really research the subject in depth since I wasn't installing all my trim from scratch as you seem to be doing. I'm sure you can find a load of info on this subject in the Board archives.

Best of luck.

My Daily Driver is a 1969 Chevrolet Custom/20 Fleetside 350/TH400/Eaton H052 4.10
and its Project thread is here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456911