View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #19
72LSK10

Angry Re: Project truck storage: City at your Throat?

Back in June/July I had a city ordinance Inspector come out and made me put my 72 K10 and 72 Nova SS back together within a month. Frames and 100 plus other pieces where out to powder coat at the time. I have a neighbor(s) that have been calling the cops and fire dep on me like crazy. Come to find out, they had been calling the city for months, as the inspector told me. He'd come out to my property (all of my toys are in my back yard, can't see jack from the street cause my gate blocks the view). They finally got mad cause the city would do nothing so "They" reported me as having a chop shop, this did not go over very well. Cops raided the pad while I was at work. I had my car, my truck, a complete 70 C-10 and half of another Nova completely taken apart throught my back yard.
I was given 1 month to clean up and put the toys together, what a mess. the inspector was really cool, considering that he had a job to do, he gave me a two week extension. He told me that the only things I am able to do in a "bedroom comunity" is pretty much what's done at jiffy lube, oil changes, tire rotations, minor stuff. No pulling of motors, tranies, head jobs, rear ends etc. During my clean up, cops and fire dep were called on me again for having an illegal paint booth, I was spraying some undercoating, fire dep guys were in aw when they got to the pad and saw what I was working on. The chief told me to continue with my work and not mind the pita neighbor. I have been on down status since my case got closed. Now I have to work out of my parents back yard and other friends yards. It bites because I have my big compressor, welders and all my tool at the pad, not theirs About two months later, the other neighbor, who were actually running shops from their properties got busted, now they think I rated them out cause I was stoped from working on my first car and first truck, wth????
72LSK10 is offline   Reply With Quote