View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:40 AM   #25
leddzepp

Re: Project truck storage: City at your Throat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
LEDDZEPP......Much better put than I and yet that was the message I was trying to convey. There is such a grey area where some just take it too far and basically create junk yards in front of their houses.
After reading your post, I am inclined to say the same My wife and I have an agreement: I do not turn into Fred Sanford, and she does not turn into Imelda Marcos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RManson View Post
Well put leddzepp. I keep my car/truck/motorcycle jones outta sight, yet it's the next door neighbor who washes his BMW on the lawn. Really?!
Ridiculous, isn't it?! Unfortunately, you can't control the neighbor factor...which is the root problem in most folks' cases it seems. At least he is watering his lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
Califronia does not want any old cars. They don't want any auto repair shops either. They want everyone to have a newer car and take it to the dealer for service. Or take the Bus(which is what they really want everyone to do, except themselves).

I usually only have on project at a time and keep things pretty clean and picked up and have not had any trouble. I pulled an engine and wheeled it into my garage. Who could gripe about that.

But, I have stopped the idea of doing a frame off resto because I would have to have frame in driveway. And I don't want the hassle. So I'm kind of stopped before I even start on how I really approach my projects. Minimal body work and no painting.

I really want to get out of Calif.
I agree with you...but look at the bright side. If you are required to keep your stuff in the garage out of sight, that lessens the chance of something being stolen. And that is a problem that exists no matter where you live.

This is a good thread...lots of good posts and opinions. Common sense is on the comeback

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
RIP FleetsidePaul
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote