Thread: 87' 4x4
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #74
Greenlee

Re: 87' 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
how about pricing is he reasonable?
He might be a little on the high side judging from some of the custom cars that were in his shop. My deal with him was kind of unique because I also bought the truck from him. I had started a project converting a 2WD long bed to 4x4 and was searching for a 4WD 700r4 on Craigslist. My search pulled up this truck. It had been listed for months and apparently he couldn't sell it. He had started rebuilding the truck for a neighbor in 2005, but the neighbor lost his motivation to finish it. When I looked at the truck it was in pieces, but it included a new crate motor and freshly rebuilt 700r4. It had been sitting untouched for years. He didn't want to sell just the transmission or motor. To make a long story short, I ended up buying the whole truck and having him finish painting it.

I have been working on it for a couple of years now trying to get it back together. I under estimated how long it would take someone with my skills to put it together! Also, it was fortunate that I had the previous project because this think was missing all kinds of little b.s. parts that I robbed from my previous project.

I was happy with his paint work and would use him again.
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote