View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
56SS

Re: My 56 Stepside LSx Build

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I just got the truck today, and will have to upload some more pics when I get home for Spring Break(Senior at Michigan State University).
I am excited to go home to see the truck in my own barn.

Currently, the truck has a 5.3L out of a 2001 Silverado and a 4l60e transmission from a late 90s van. It has a tilt column installed with a 78 Camaro subframe, converted to a 6 lug to match the stock 56 read end. As it sits, it needs a wiring harness and fuel system to fire up. I plan on going through a company to have the harness made, and am still feeling out my options for the gas tank/pump (open to suggestions, I would prefer something that will bolt right in). The interior still needs to be completed, but it currently has buckets from a 05 trailblazer in it.

The truck still needs quite a bit of work (driveshaft, bed finished up, etc.) but I am more than happy with my purchase.

I'm planning on building this truck to drive, that's what they are for! I love the LSx swaps, the older body styles are unmatched and with an updated drivetrain, I can use this truck as my daily driver, and I am excited to get started on the project.
56SS is offline   Reply With Quote