View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #276
Modges'66

Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.
Re: My Unexpected '66 SWB-Fleet-Restomod Project!

Well I finished my heater control knobs the other day....I'm thinking of it as jewelery for the old girl.
I didn't have my camera with me so shot some random pics with the phone. I wasn't sure how good the quality would be, and was surprised. If I would have known they would be this good, I would have taken more pics!

It all started when I was modifying the heater controls so that I could remove the front bezel to paint or polish to match my dash. I got started by center-drilling all of the riveted areas, and grinding the heads off. Then I drilled all of those spots & tapped them for a #6-32 screws. It worked perfectly!
once that the unit was disassembled, I cleaned it up and sandblasted & painted the sheet-metal bracket & reassembled the unit...It still looked boring!
Nice, but boring.
BTW this heater control is not from my truck, as mine had a heater delete plate in the dash. A friend happened to have this laying around for some unknown reason, and gave it to me. Hence it why it has cut cables & wires. I plan on using it to control a vintage air unit somehow...I WILL figure a way to make it work.
Attached Images

Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote