View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
clinebarger

Re: TH700r4 TCC Lockup Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Beauty View Post
Okay so I rebuilt a 700r4 from an 89 camaro and now will be putting it into my 69 c10. i bought the overdrives kit form early classic which includes shift linkage, crossmember, and their "lockup kit". i have pictures of the stock wiring and some pictures of their wiring kit.
The first three pictures are of their vacuum switch, pressure "switch" and wiring diagram. the vacuum switch looks quality and i think will work good. the pressure switch isnt a switch at all. as you can see it has two tabs for spades and they are connected right on the top of the switch! how is that a switch?! What my plan to do is to use the existing internal wiring and use a vacuum switch and also a brake switch to unlock converter when either pulling hard up hills or gunning it and brake switch so it doesnt die if i happen to lock up the back brakes. This trans will be going behind a built 388 with vortec heads and lunati 60103 cam with hedman headers. pics included. my question is will i be able to run the wiring like i planned using oem internal wiring or will i need to use ece's solenoid? any other questions please ask.
To wire it the way Superior says to....Use their switch, Remove the 4th gear oil switch & replace it with theirs & yes that is a normally open(N.O.) pressure switch, It has 2 prongs so you can run 12vdc through it.
The original switch is also (N.O.) but completes a ground through the switch body.

How I would wire it....
Attached Images

clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote