View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 12:57 AM   #1258

Re: How about some pics of 47-59

No where near original, but that is fine by me; not a purist. Title and tag is '48, but much of the body has been replaced over time. The body has been transferred to what has been identfied as a '78 Silverado frame. I can't tell, but that is what the seller advised. They have worked the springs to get it lower, but I am still surprised how low it actually sets. Ran pretty good after a tune up, but the fuel filter immediately turned rust color. Wasn't crazy about the tank in the cab, so I have yanked it am awaiting a Boydwelding tank to relocate behind the rear axle. Other than stripping the interior, this will be my first major project on the new toy. Everything will be a first for me. The truck is a looker from a short distance, but the paint and bodywork ultimately is less than perfect. The previous owner had a facination with self tapping screws, so there are unnecessary holes and excessively long screws throughout. Again... something to play with. I have only driven her 3 times and all times were met with thumbs up and multiple conversations with people of all ages.
1948 is offline   Reply With Quote