View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #57
rusty_67

Re: 'Wintergreen' 1969 GMC Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square_78 View Post
You're truck is really coming together. Its going to be a REALLY nice build. Ive heard about that guy in Keremeos. Does he have a big graveyard full of old chevy trucks? I looked it up online and its just listed as a "mechanic repair shop". I would love to go look around there and see what he has. Maybe we should plan a trip down there one day and check it out. I'll be at most of the car shows this year, especially the wednesday night "cruise in at the corner" shows on McCurdy at the grand 10 starting next month. You'll have to come find me if you are ever there.
Yeah, I need to get out to the cruise in this year. I've kinda been waiting out until I finish my truck, but probably should just go.

Do you know if the Doo Wop swap meet is this weekend? I can't find much info about it but what I did find says its scheduled for the 10th. I was hoping to get a table there but guess its a bit late now.

I'll have to give that guy in Keremeos a call, I emailed him but didn't get a response. If he's willing to part with what I need I'd make a trip down there.

It really seems like parts for these trucks have gotten scarce around here, unless you need hood... I went to pick n pull a couple weeks ago and managed to get a ps pump from an 85 gmc, proportional valve for disc/drum, and there was also a 68 gmc in there with a good set of trailing arms. Most of the rest of the truck was gone, but it had a decent cab, better than what I started with. I couldn't quite get the trailing arms off though, the ubolts didn't want to give, ended up breaking my 1/2in ratchet (only about a 7ft snipe, no problem it was a craftsman they replaced it no questions asked). So I went back last weekend armed with a sawzal and like in a scene from a horror movie when I walked up to the row where the gmc was, they had taken the entire row for crushing. I couldn't believe it, what a bummer...
rusty_67 is offline   Reply With Quote