View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #20
rusty76

Re: Browntown moves east and gets a makeover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRORIDES View Post
Well, I guess I'm looking for some thoughts from you guys on the engine bay, We're going to give it the sheet metal treatment on the inner fenders and smooth out the firewall so looks as killer as the bed does. But the motor tranny deal is killing me!!!! It has a 350 SB 350 Turbo in it now that runs just fine, If I put a GearVendor on it I'd most likely be cool with it. Then I have to do a Billet Specialties Tru Trac on so it all tucks together and I can get my ac in it too. I have another SB block in the shop thats built some but not crazy that would give me more power and I also have a LS1 floating around along with a 700r4. So at this point what do you guys think before I start buying parts for something I may not be happy with in the long run??? I want to drive the truck with a fun factor. Give me your ideas. Thanks Curt

I know I'm wayyyyyy late on this but I've got a few thoughts here. When I saw the bed I thought that's cool. I'll be honest fabricated beds usually don't do much for me. Not that I don't like'em it is just that most of these trucks that get done like this have the same sort of treatment. I always thought it would be cool to chop up some stepside fenders and used them as inner wheel wheels for the bed. I also don't care for the sprayed in bedliner look, but my opion only it looks good. Although on a truck with patina all around I'm sort of not feeling it.

Now as for the engine bay I could see clean and slick. It's not exposed and none to the wiser. I think that over the top engine bays almost always look well packed suitcases. Nice and neat. Clean lines flowing lines from the radiator support to the firewall. The only thing that should be seen is the engine. As for engines run the small block. Clean it up and make look like it is either factory or go for a NASCAR style look but without all the dohickeys. Ok said enough. Still I like the truck it looks really cool and can't wait to see what lurks around the corner for it.
My build thread
Crossmembers CC
rusty76 is offline   Reply With Quote